Terms and Conditions
Please take time to read the terms and conditions, we do our best to be as reasonable as possible.
- Booking Terms and Conditions
- Activity Terms and Conditions
- Resources & Further Information
If there are any questions or concerns by all means give me a call on +44 (0) 784 34 34 682 or send in an email
Unique Adventure Tours Scotland are a leading activity tour provider in Scotland and have exceptional safety standards. We aim to provide an amazing experience to all our guests. Unique Adventure Tours Scotland is committed to provide the highest standard with all of our activities and activity tours. We use fully experienced, trained and qualified guides and provide appropriate instruction. We make every effort to minimise risk and provide a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience, however it must be stressed that there is an element of risk associated to any outdoor activity, when joining us for an activity every participant must acknowledge that we have made you aware of this and agree to these terms and conditions.
Booking Terms and Conditions
- Unique Adventure Tours Scotland reserves the right to change the venue or the activity or to postpone or cancel any trip if we feel water levels or weather conditions on the day of the trip could cause safety issues
- Unique Adventure Tours Scotland accept bookings either online, email or telephone. Payment can be made by Bank Transfer, Cleared Cheque, Cash or Card. Card Payments can incur a surcharge of which you will be notified in advance
- Bookings are accepted when Unique Adventure Tours Scotland receives a NON REFUNDABLE deposit. Unique Adventure Tours Scotland reserves the right to make exceptions to the above where instances dictate (No cancellation charges are applied if Coronavirus COVID-19 is the cause of cancellation in any way).
- All cancellations must be advised in writing and by the person who originally made the booking with Unique Adventure Tours Scotland. Cancellations are accepted from the date Unique Adventure Tours Scotland receives confirmation of cancellation in writing by letter or email.
- Cancellations incur the following charges:
- Loss of non-refundable deposit 14 days prior to the activity date.
- Charged full amount for cancellation within 7 days of the activity date.
- Notification prior to 14 days before date of activity of a change in numbers attending will have the deposit amount amended with the outstanding balance with no loss of deposit, Unique Adventure Tours Scotland reserve the right to change this policy without notice for any reason.
- No cancellation charges are applied if Coronavirus COVID-19 is the cause of cancellation in any way.
- The final balance is due 7 days in advance of the activity date unless otherwise arranged
- All invoices and outstanding balances must be paid on the date of the trip or no later than 30 days of the date of invoice. Unique Adventure Tours Scotland charge all outstanding accounts at 2.5% interest for every seven days thereafter.
- Unique Adventure Tours Scotland reserve the right to make alterations to brochure details or website lisitings, and any other company documents, before and after any booking has been received and confirmed. Most of these changes will be minor and in most cases we will inform you at the earliest opportunity
- Even though Unique Adventure Tours Scotland carries full Public Liability Insurance, it is strongly suggested that participants carry their own personal accident policy that covers them for the activity they are undertaking. This should include river rafting up to and including Grade 5 whitewater where appropriate. Personal accident policies are usually available from your own insurance broker or company.
- ALL participants must be made aware by the person booking the trip that Whitewater Rafting, as well as all other outdoor adventurous activities, carry a degree of risk that can include and is not exclusive to death and disablement. Even though Unique Adventure Tours Scotland will manage these risks, there is still a chance that participants may fall into cold, turbulent water that is fast flowing or be subjected to exposure of heights and many other potential hazards associated with our activities. Participants will only be accepted on the understanding that they are aware of these risks and wish to participate of their own free will
- On signing or completing a ‘Disclosure Notice’ or other Company Document, or receiving a trip confirmation, or booking you agree to honour and abide by the Booking Terms and Conditions and Activity Terms and Conditions as documented by Unique Adventure Tours Scotland. You acknowledge that all the participants in your party are aware of these terms and conditions prior to the activity date
Activity Terms and Conditions
IN CONSIDERATION OF, and as part of the agreement for the opportunity to participate in the program, the activities, services and food arranged for me (if any) by Unique Adventure Tours Scotland, I hereby agree:
1. I acknowledge I have read, understood and approved the following terms and conditions.
2. I am aware that all outdoor activities involve inherent risks of illness, injury, disablement, death and/or loss or damage of property, which may be caused by negligence, forces of nature and other causes known or unknown. I recognise that such risks are present always, before, during and after the activity. I am also aware that medical facilities may not be readily available during the program.
3. I hereby indemnify and irrevocably and forever release and waive all rights and recourse against Unique Adventure Tours Scotland and their respective subsidiaries, licensees, successors, related and affiliated companies and their officers, directors, employees, contractors, licensees, agents, representatives and assigns, from and against any and all claims, demands, payments, proceedings, judgments, settlements, awards, expenses (including without limitation, legal fees and costs) damages, losses, costs, illness, delay or other liabilities (other than a claim for negligence in the case of death or personal injury) which I or my heirs, executors, administrators or personal representatives now have or hereafter can, shall or may have against any of the above-named entities arising in connection with the activity, or any breach of the terms of this agreement. I voluntarily accept the legal risk, thereby expressly giving up any right of action and accept the physical risk arising from all liability whether such liability arises in contract, due to negligence (other than in the case of liability due to negligence for death or personal injury), or due to breach of duty raised by statute, or in any other manner whatsoever.
4. I understand that it is a requirement to declare all existing or reoccurring injuries including any fitness or medical conditions prior to undertaking the activity.
5. I understand that a safety brief will be provided by a member of staff prior to the start of the activity and I will pay attention. If a safety brief is not provided I will refuse to participate in the activity.
6. In acknowledgement this agreement shall be governed in all respects by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Scotland.
7. I consent that images and video footage may be taken before during or after the activity and may be used for marketing purposes by Unique Adventure Tours Scotland.
8. I confirm that I am over the age of eighteen (16) and have authority to complete this release and that I have read and understood this agreement prior to signing it.
Resources & Further Information
Privacy Notice Policy Base: v.4.1 Dec 2018 – Made available without liability by Jamie King, Hand Coded Web Design.